Thinking back, it all started with something pretty mundane; childish, even. Most can claim to have favourite books or authors as a motivator to kickstart their writing passion. I don't have that. Instead what I can claim to have instilled that passion in me was, ironically, not original at all: fan fiction.
So yes, this means I played around with artificial universes and characters not of my own creation. Sometimes I wonder why I hardly dared venture out of this particular sandbox - perhaps apprehension, perhaps an unwillingness to chance the leap - but fan fiction was my main form of expression. It still is, in a way. Fan fiction has a special place in my heart.
Through it, I made many friends who helped me grow, talent-wise (if any smidgeon still exists) and otherwise. I could never thank them enough; because of them, and fan fiction, my writing has grown into what it is today: for once, something I can at least sometimes be proud of.
I will never regret writing.
And for that, I am sorry - sorry for abandoning the one site that was my platform to (somewhat) success. I abandoned FF.net for a myriad of reasons. Generic new fics. No fandom piqued my interest. Time constraints. Et cetera, et cetera.
Well, all that's over now. I'll be going back to revive it in the only way I can - I'll continue writing.
I'm a writer, and I'm proud of it. I should not forget that.
One day, to put my heart into writing...that is my dream - as a writer, an aspirant, a dreamer.
No comments:
Post a Comment